Sunday, September 27, 2015

Eddy Planckaert set an hour record on a wooden bicycle.


The former winner of the Tour of Flanders (1988) and Paris-Roubaix (1990) rode a 30 kg wood bike made bythe pupils of the Victor Horta School in Evere.


"It was extremely difficult to keep the right job ', responded Planckaert after his ordeal. "I really have to use all my experience as a former rider to bring this to a successful conclusion. Physically it is very difficult to spin the pedals. I also had a problem with blood flow in my hands, not to mention the pain between my legs through the saddle. It was simply abandon. "




The 57-year-old former cycling champion put on the slopes in Rochefort thirty laps of 351.5 meters, accounting for 11 km, 932 meters and 94 centimeters.

Found on http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20150925_01886377 

No comments:

Post a Comment