Monday, October 12, 2015

Ford.... just shocked me. 350 hp hatchback 4 door Focus



the 2016 Ford Focus RS will crank out 350 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque with up to 23.2 psi of boost from its turbocharger, they figure 0 to 60 mph in a 4.7 seconds when using its launch-control system.

A six-speed manual transmission and a torque-vectoring all-wheel-drive system help direct power to the road. And to help drives who aren't used to driving a manual transmission, the Focus RS even has a "stall recovery" function. Misjudge the car's clutch and stall the engine, and it will automatically restart when you depress the clutch.

 The system was an unintended benefit of adding an engine stop-start system to save fuel, says Ford Performance Europe engineering manager Tyrone John.

37 thousand dollars, or 40 if you want stupid crap like heated steering wheel, power leather heated seats, heated side mirrors etc.

What is it's competition in turbo 4 bangers?
The Volkswagen Golf R produces only 292 hp
The Subaru WRX STI has 305 hp.
The Mercedes-AMG CLA45 has 375 hp

I still want to know... why the hell does anyone want a musclecar 4 door?

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/u-s-market-2016-ford-focus-rs-packs-350-hp/

4 comments:

  1. Four door muscle cars......see Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they like them... I don't. I've posted lots of Aussie cars, and I still only really like their two door models

      Delete
  2. you forgot honda civic type-R; the new one has 2.0T with 310bhp.
    And why a hot hatch? When you can't/don't want to have 2 or more cars this is practicality and fun in one package.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the Civic info, it wasn't with the other cars I listed, and I was just working with what I found, I don't have time to research these posts myself... I push these out during breaks and lunch at work... why a hot hatch... all right, I'll tell you what's on my mind. I don't like 4 door cars. I am very very angry with Chevy and Ford for screwing the potential customer base, those that want a great small ferocious 2 door. Like the Focus for example... notice that the GRC Rally cars are supposedly factory 2 door cars.... the VW Bug, the Focus, the Veloster. Allright, now look at what the companies will sell customers! The damn Focus is a 4 DOOR! The Veloster is a 3. It's that the last year of the 2 door Focus, 2010, was the year the Ken Block and others bought or made a 2 door Focus, and then Ford went and decided... hmmmm, nah, that'll never sell as well as a ugly damn 4 door. So it pissed me off. I want a ferocious 2 door with 300 horsepower. But the damn car companies Like Ford and Chevy and Mopar only make big overweight cows like the Challenger, the Mustang, and the Camaro in 2 doors, or a truck. Yes, Mopar makes a 2 door Jeep, and Viper, and Chevy makes a Corvette. But I am not asking for a supercar (over 200mph) for a blue collar guy like me to buy under 30 thou, I am demanding these corporate bastards make a car like they have since day one, a cheap, 2 door, since the Model T. Where did all the 2 door cars go? Why the hell is the Charger a 4 door? Where did the econo box go? Yes, Honda and Mazda stepped in. Chevy, Ford, and Mopar don't even make a small truck anymore. No Ranger, S10, Dakota. When did fat overweight poor gas mileage boats become the only thing fat Americans buy? It makes me angry. The Focus should be a 2 door, or a sedan. What the hell is a 4 door hatch? It's a station wagon. But it isn't a good looking one. The Dodge Magnum 2.0 was a cool wagon, and could be bought as an R/T. Then they killed that off, and now everyone, even Jaguar makes a damn SUV and or crossover. It makes me sick. Now as to the last thing you mentioned, "when you can't have 2 or more cars, this is practicality and fun in one package" well, I agree. Bring back the El Camino SS, and the Cobra Jet Ranchero Falcon. All the use of a truck, a wagon, and a car. But NO! They won't sell those outside of Australia. Also, I happen to have 2 cars. My 1969 R/T, and a 2015 Veloster R Spec. I like a fast car with power. They simply won't make me a 2 door example for under 25 k. Thanks though, I rant, there for I have car guy passion about cars I can't afford.

      Delete